Build Your Career with Jordan Baris
We are proud of our team of over 200 professionals. Our growth is based on choosing outstanding individuals who will enjoy, participate and benefit from our corporate culture.
The steps below are a good place to begin your planning:
- Talk with agents in the business. By asking questions of active agents, you will get valuable insight as to whether a career in real estate is ideal for you.
- Be financially prepared. There are several costs associated with building your career in real estate. These include real estate school and state exam, NJ license fee. Joining real estate associations and a multiple listing service are also necessary. We feel an investment in a notebook computer can be instrumental to your short term success in the business. It is also our experience that new associates should not expect to see any revenue for a minimum period of 120 days. Be aware of additional costs that some firms charge including trading, start-up material, office registration, set-up and monthly administrative fees. Jordan Baris, Inc. charges no such fees.
- Establish a relationship with a real estate broker like Jordan Baris, Inc. Interview with several firms. You may begin the interview process before beginning real estate school. All real estate salespersons must be affiliated with a real estate broker. Click here for questions to ask when interviewing a broker. Interview with us and we may potentially provide a partial scholarship.
- Enroll in real estate school. This is a75-hour salesperson’s pre-license course.
- Passing the state exam is required.
- Get started in your new firm. Training will assist you in developing skills that leading to success. Start personal marketing and contacting your sphere of influence. You want to ensure everyone knows you have begun your real estate career. Participate in Jordan Baris training, sales meetings, caravans, and other activities. Build relationships with clients, fellow agents, and others you know who can send you referrals.
- Your Jordan Baris manager will assist you in creating a business plan which will be your blueprint to success. You will be provided with the most up to date tools and technology while also being offered experienced support from your manager. You can also participate in the Jordan Baris mentoring program to jump start your career.
- Develop Skills. As you are getting started, you will learn about prospecting, listing, negotiating, selling, processing transactions and communication.
- Take Listings. Sell Property and Generate Referrals!